In this instructional DVD renowned Guitar tutor Rolly Brown discusses the strengths and weaknesses of one of the most popular methods for navigating the Guitar fingerboard, the caged system.
In Uncaged & Free Brown discusses how to use the system in order to get the maximum result with the least effort, and explains how to transcend its weaknesses by becoming able to move up and down the neck in the most fluid and fluent fashion.
This DVD explains:
- The five neck positions and their chord structures.
- The five most effortless major scale fingerings.
- Superimposition of scales and chords.
- Understanding chord movement in each position.
- Blues scale fingerings o Minor scales.
- Horizontal and vertical concepts of navigation.
- Overcoming CAGED with interval scales, horizontal scales, sliding pentatonic scales, and arpeggios.