Presenting current and effective sound-shaping tools and techniques, Modern Guitar Rigs is an invaluable guide for guitarists looking to build pro-level rigs.
Whether you're playing clubs at the indie band level, getting set for a major tour, heading into the studio to record a new album, or just searching for 'ultimate tone', Modern Guitar Rigs will be of interest.
This revised and updated edition covers the following:
- Amp setups: integrating pedals and rack gear, wet/dry/wet configurations, modeling amps and profilers, rack-mounted amps, stereo rigs and audio looping systems.
- Rack gear: multi-effects processors and dedicated signal processors, audio loopers, amp function switching systems and MIDI foot controllers.
- Guitar options: piezoelectric pickups and splitting guitar signals to multiple amps.
- Effects loops: choosing the right loop for your specific needs.
- Rig infrastructure: power conditioning, noise suppression, power attenuators, wireless systems, custom cabling, and equipment racks.
- Rigs of the stars: a look at the complex rigs used by many leading guitar players, including John Petrucci of Dream Theater, Alex Lifeson of Rush, and Steven Wilson and John Wesley of Porcupine Tree.
- Interviews with leading custom rig builders, including the legendary Bob Bradshaw of Custom Audio Electronics.