The Trevor James 'Horn' Saxophone was first designed in 1988, following the success of the Trevor James Flute. At that time there were very few quality brand name options for Saxophone players, which demonstrated a real need to develop a new, free blowing, high quality, well designed instrument.
Created to mark the 25th anniversary of the 'Horn’, The Trevor James: Horn ‘88 remains faithful to the design of the original instrument with some added visual and performance 'twists'.
This model has an attractive champagne/gold frost finish. Other features include:
- Four-point brace: A new four point bell / body brace design, giving added security and strength in an area which can sometimes be vulnerable to movement.
- Gun rifled crook: The inside of the crook tenon has gun rifling to enhance the air flow and tonal dynamics - this is a big sounding horn.
- Octave key crook badge: Proudly sporting the Union Jack flag overlaid with TJ logo.
- Pearls: Smokey grey pearls.
- Case: A high quality shaped case with shoulder straps.
Watch a demonstration of the Trevor James: Horn '88: