The Music Theory For Young Musicians series covers all aspects of the AB theory syllabus for grades 1-5 with a colourful and imaginative set of books.
With one book per grade, assigning theory lessons for your students couldn't be easier. The books contain a step-by-step guide for each concept and then include general exercises for the evaluation and reinforcement of these concepts.
This progressive series with built-in revision element means you can measure your students' progress every step of the way to their exam.
Grade 4 Covers:
- Alto clef
- Time signatures (6/4, 9/4, 12/4, 6/16, 9/16, 12/16)
- Breves, double dots and duplets
- Four-bar rhythms
- Double sharps and double flats
- Major and minor scales (up to 5 sharps and flats)
- Technical names of scale degrees
- Triads and chords on l, lV and V
- Intervals (major, perfect, minor, augmented, diminished)
- The chromatic scale
- Writing a rhythm to words
- Instruments with illustrations
- Performance directions (Grade 4)
- General exercises (Grade 4)