With its bell-like shape featuring a larger lower bout and a smaller, round upper bout, the Epiphone: AJ-220SCE has a focused and balanced tone. The bass is deep, rich and loud while the highs have a crispness that cuts through. Most noticeable however, is this electro-acoustic Guitar's clear mid-range.
The AJ-220SCE has long been one of Epiphone’s best selling acoustic guitars. Now with an elegant Venetian cutaway, this improved model also features Shadow's Performer Tuner™ preamp system.
Features of the Epiphone: AJ-220SCE include:
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with Mahogany body and a Mahogany SlimTaper™ D-shape neck
- Rosewood fingerboard (12" radius) with dot inlays
- Trussrod: adjustable via headstock
- Frets: 20 medium/jumbo
- Nut width: 1.68"
- Hardwear: Nickel
- Machine heads: sealed, die-cast; 14:1 ratio
- Bridge: solid Rosewood; Reverse-belly
- Power: two 2032 Lithium batteries
- Saddle: Compensated; PVC
- Pickguard: Simulated Tortoise with metal "E"
- Output jack: Metal Endpin Jack with 1/4" output
- Pickup: NanoFlex™ low-impedance pickup in the bridge position
- Preamp: Shadow Performer Tuner™ Preamp