The Epiphone Hummingbird Pro takes its inspiration from the original Epiphone country/rock Hummingbird, but is updated by the addition of the new Shadow™ ePerformer™ preamp and Shadow NanoFlex™ pickup system.
First introduced in 1960, the square shouldered Hummingbird quickly became a classic thanks to Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, who used a Hummingbird for rhythm on early Stones hits like Satisfaction, Play With Fire and Under My Thumb. Today, the Hummingbird is still a go-to acoustic for rockers like Noel Gallagher, Sheryl Crow, and Kid Rock when they need a rhythm guitar with smooth action and a “woody” tone that’s full of character.
On its own, the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro can drive an all-acoustic band or be front and center at a picking party with its sweet, balanced tone. Now with the Shadow™ ePerformer™ preamp and Shadow NanoFlex™ pickup system, The Hummingbird Pro can plug-in and hold its own on any size stage.
- Solid Spruce top with Mahogany body and Mahogany SlimTaper™ "D" profile neck
- Rosewood (12" radius) fingerboard with pearloid parallelogram inlay
- Truss rod: adaptable
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 20 medium
- Nut width: 1.68"
- Bridge: Rosewood, reverse belly
- Saddle: compensated, imitation bone
- Hardwear: Nickel
- Pickguard: imitation Tortoise with traditional Hummingbird
- Machine heads: Grover™ 14:1
- Electronics: Shadow™ ePerformer™ preamp and Shadow NanoFlex™ pickup