Introduced in 1961 as a replacement for the Les Paul, the SG or 'Solid Guitar' was known as the 'fretless wonder' for its low frets and fast action. With its innovative twin horn cutaway design and light but balanced weight, the SG became popular in the 1960s with artists such as The Who's Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton, Tony Iommi, Paul Weller and AC/DC's Angus Young.
The original SG not only rivaled guitars of its own era for sonic variety, but also proved to be a sign of things to come. Hard rockers, metal bands and scores of other musicians embraced the original SG, making it a classic.
First introduced over 15 years ago, the Epiphone G310 gives you the sound and look of a real SG without the vintage price tag.
- Classic SG stying in Ebony finish
- Mahogany body with Slim-Taper™ “D” Mahogany neck.
- Hardware: Nickel
- Tuners: premium die-cast
- Scale: 24.75”
- Nut width: 1.68
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 22 fret with 12” radius
- Pickups: Epiphone humbuckers: 650R at neck, 700T at bridge
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar