This collection of 27 Russian sacred choral works was compiled and edited by Russian music scholar and choral director Nöelle Mann, who was curator of the Prokofiev Archive at the Centre for Russian Music, Goldsmiths College, until her death in 2010.
- Presents the wonderful repertoire of Russian sacred choral music for unaccompanied mixed voices
- Covers a wide-ranging repertoire spanning the eighteenth century to the early twentieth century
- Suitable for performance in concert or during Church
- Introduces composers who are central to musical developments yet little known outside Russia
- Includes a simple system of transliteration/pronunciation to help non-Russian-speaking directors and singers, plus an audio pronunciation guide on the web
- Includes non-singing translations
All pieces have been arranged for SATB unaccompanied.