The Modern Drum Method takes the student measure by measure from the start with the most fundamental drumming concepts presented and demonstrated in a clear manner.
The exercises in Grade One focus significantly on reading note and rest values, coordination of the hands and feet, simple quarter note beats with variations, and ideas on positioning and setting up your Drum Set ergonomically.
If you are a new Drum student who has just purchased your first kit, or an experienced player looking for ways to improve your fundamentals and sound production, this book and companion CD will help clarify the mechanical and conceptual drumming skills for you. Throughout, the author explains each drumming topic as if he were teaching a private lesson.
- Fundamental techniques for the hands and feet.
- Exercises to help develop sight reading ability.
- Ideas for positioning and setting up your drum set ergonomically.
- Over 100 beat variations featured throughout the text.
- Snare Drum, Bass Drum, and hi-hat coordination studies.