The History Of Marshall: The First Fifty Years takes an in-depth look at the world famous Amplification manufacturer, telling the remarkable story of company founder Jim Marshall, as well as the many bands that have used the celebrated Marshall Amps over the years.
From its humble origins in the back of a small music store in London, Marshall Amplification has defined the sound of rock for generations of guitarists around the world.
The History Of Marshall: The First Fifty Years documents the many innovations of Marshall Amplifiers, from the famous 'stack' to the most current offerings.
The book features:
- Hundreds of color photographs throughout, including rare Amplifiers and previously unpublished historical documents.
- Reprints of vintage catalogs and marketing materials from Marshall and its related brands, including Park and CMI.
- Extensive appraisal and history of the Celestion speaker.
- History of the Marshall factory locations and the pictorial 'factory tour'.
It is also:
- Predominantly full color (similar books are typically – sometimes exclusively – black and white) and includes more historical material than any previous publication.
- The first publication to bring the history of the company and its products up to date.
The History Of Marshall: The First Fifty Years is the definitive account of this fascinating company known as 'The Sound of Rock.' It's absolutely essential reading for musicians, technicians, and collectors alike.