Making the instrument and vocal tracks sound their best and then making them all work together is an extremely important stage in the recording process.
This important second edition of the Hal Leonard Recording Method: Book 6 demonstrates techniques and procedures that result in a polished mix and powerful master recording, using current plug-ins, software, and hardware.
You'll then learn how to prepare the mastered recording for CD replication, streaming, or download. Updated illustrations, photographs, and audio and video examples on the accompanying DVD will reinforce your understanding of what you need to mix and master like the pros.
New in this edition:
- Extensive use of QR Codes, which link directly to associated websites and resources via your smart devices' QR Code readers. This expands the content of the book far beyond the printed page.
- New and updated media examples included wherever appropriate.
- Tips and tools for combining the commercial and home recording studio worlds.
- Images and media examples that demonstrate new procedures as they pertain to the current state of the software and hardware industries.
- New media examples demonstrating how reamping can make instruments and voices sound bigger and better.
- Several new additions about mastering that help build a more competitive sound.
- More tightly packed layout and a 12 percent increase in page count.