This lesson is designed to start you on the road to playing improvisationally over all manner of chord progressions. It will teach you how, with just a couple basic scales, you can understand how all of the twelve tones fit into a framework for soloing, and, then, how you can develop great soloing chops without even thinking about scales.
Material covered includes:
- Major and Blues scales; the basic building blocks.
- Understanding how each note sounds within a key signature by training your ear.
- “Altered” and “Hybrid Blues” Scales, for more advanced ear training.
- Pentatonic major scales for country/rock guitar.
- How to approach solo fingerstyle Blues improvisation.
- Rolly's 3 step process for non-scale soloing, based on chord shapes and arpeggios.
- Chord melody playing.
- Physical mechanisms for expressive soloing.
- Making your music sound human