After unearthing a Baldwin-era FilterTron pickup with incredible tonal properties, Gretsch decided to deconstruct the pickup and reproduce the sound for their Electromatic Hollow Body Guitars, giving them a burst of new energy and sound.
The G5422TDC from Gretsch is a single-cutaway hollow bodied electric guitar, which uses a traditional soundpost to transfer sound from the top to the back, in the same way as a violin or cello would do. This completely changes the acoustic properties of the guitar creating a balanced and powerful tone.
Attention to detail such as bound sound holes and fingerboard, silver plexi pickguard, and a double-bound body will really make you stand out. The Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato system completes the look and the playability of this fantastic guitar.
- Series - Electromatic Collection
- Colour - Transparent Red
- Body Material - 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape - Double Cutaway
- Body Finish - Gloss Urethane
- Body Depth - 2.25" / 57mm
- Number of Frets - 22
- Fret Size - Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard - Rosewood
- Neck Material - Maple
- Nut Width - 1.6875" / 43mm
- Scale Length - 24.5" / 62.2mm
- Bridge Pickup - Black Top FilterTron
- Neck Pickup - Black Top FilterTron
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle (Neck / Bridge and Neck / Bridge)
- Controls - Volume 1, Volume 2, Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish - Chrome plated
- Bridge - Rosewood Based Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Tuning Machines - Vintage Style Open-Back