After unearthing a Baldwin-era FilterTron pickup with incredible tonal properties, Gretsch decided to deconstruct the pickup and reproduce the sound for their Electromatic Hollow Body Guitars, giving them a burst of new energy and sound.
The G5420T from Gretsch is a single-cutaway hollow bodied electric guitar, which uses a traditional soundpost to transfer sound from the top to the back, in the same way as a violin or cello would do. This completely changes the acoustic properties of the guitar creating a balanced and powerful tone.
Attention to detail such as bound sound holes and fingerboard, silver plexi pickguard, and a bound front and back to the body will really make you stand out. The Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato system completes the look and the playability of this fantastic guitar.
- Series - Electromatic Collection
- Colour - Orange
- Body Material - 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape - Single Cutaway
- Body Finish - Gloss Urethane
- Bracing - Sound Post
- Body Depth - 2.75" / 69.85mm
- Number of Frets - 22
- Fret Size - Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard - Rosewood
- Neck Material - Maple
- Nut Width - 1.6875" / 43mm
- Scale Length - 24.5" / 62.2cm
- Bridge Pickup - Black Top FilterTron
- Neck Pickup - Black Top FilterTron
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle (Bridge / Bridge & Neck / Neck)
- Controls - Volume 1, Volume 2, Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish - Chrome
- Bridge - Rosewood Based Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Tuning Machines - Vintage Style Open-Back