This study guide can be used throughout your Edexcel A2 Music course to support your schoolwork, and follows the specification for exams from summer 2013 onwards.
- Detailed analysis of all the set works, providing a clear and concise outline of the key features of each work and its musical context, with practice questions to help you check you have understood the information given
- Advice on how to improve your analytical writing about music
- Sample essay questions to use for practice
- Tips on how to hone your listening skills and develop your aural awareness
- In-depth guidance on the requirements of the Composition and Technical Study unit, with information on genres, instrumentation and how to develop your ideas
- Advice on how to tackle Extended Performance
- A comprehensive glossary explaining all the technical musical terms you will need to know
Written in a clear and approachable style by experienced teachers and examiners, this book will help you to prepare thoroughly for your exam.