Ten International Violin Encores is an exciting collection of original encores by Aaron Minsky exploring musical traditions from across the globe. First published to worldwide acclaim as Ten International Cello Encores, these compelling pieces are now available to violinists in this adaptation. Suitable for intermediate to advanced players, these vibrant and dynamic pieces are perfectly suited to concert performance as encores, small sets, or as a suite, and will be welcomed by all students and recitalists looking for fresh, new music for solo violin.
- Unique, entertaining pieces with an international flavour
- Encores inspired by destinations around the world, including Africa, Asia, Mexico, and more
- A variety of contemporary styles, including jazz, heavy metal, and Latin
- Technical challenges such as guitar-style strumming, left-hand pizzicato, ricochet bowing, and percussive effects
- Useful fingering and bowing suggestions