The Book of New Responses includes twelve new or recent settings of the Preces and Responses according to the Book of Common Prayer 1662. As such it represents a major extension of the repertoire for Evensong.
This book includes:
- 12 new or recent settings by: Antony Baldwin, Simon Biazeck, Daniel Burges, Alexander Campkin, Hilary Campbell, Andrew Gant, Philip Moore, Ben Parry, Francis Pott, Marcus Sealy, Paul Spicer, and Matthew Wood
- Settings that have been composed between 1974 and 2010
- Settings in a range of difficulties from two settings written for school choirs to more challenging settings for more accomplished choirs
- Mixed choir settings in a range of part allocations from 4–8 voices
- Several settings of the Lord's Prayer.