Cello Globetrotters brings together toe-tapping original tunes in styles from around the world - from Arabic to Chinese and from klezmer to the Argentinian tango - for the budding cellist. This unique book presents a kaleidoscope of musical traditions, with supporting background information and backing tracks that capture each sound-world.
To help with technique and interpretation, every piece includes tailored warm-ups and stylistic tips from the author. With options for cello or piano accompaniment, and an inspirational CD, Cello Globetrotters is the ultimate resource for aspiring cellists looking to go travellin'...
- 12 fun pieces in styles from around the world
- Suitable for young cellists everywhere (3+ years' playing experience/grades 2-4)
- Range of styles including bossa nova, klezmer, blues, Cajun, Greek, and West African
- Fascinating background information and tailored warm-ups for every piece
- Includes cello accompaniments for a teacher or more experienced pupil, and piano accompaniments with guitar chords
- CD with performances and backings for every piece, recorded by renowned world-music performers
Ros Stephen is a violinist and composer based in Bristol. She is a founder member of the UK's leading tango ensemble, Tango Siempre, with whom she has toured internationally and recorded several albums, and she leads the Sigamos String Quartet. Ros is also a committed string teacher, and enjoys working with students of all ages and experience. Her first book in the Globetrotters series, Violin Globetrotters, was published in 2010 to popular and critical acclaim.