The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 is part of Focusrite’s new generation of Firewire audio interfaces. As with all Focusrite interfaces, Saffire PRO 24 is the best sounding interface in its class, attentively designed with recording musicians and the modern home studio in mind.
Twenty-five years of mic preamp excellence form the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite preamps. These combine with the very latest in mix control software and Firewire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
With Saffire PRO 24, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The two Focusrite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL™ jitter-elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Alongside the two Focusrite preamps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite’s OctoPre MkII), stereo S/PDIF I/O and two virtual 'loopback' inputs for routing digital audio between software applications — ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel five-step LED metering for each analogue input offers detailed viewing of levels.
Saffire MixControl, the ultra-low-latency 18 x 8 DSP mixer/router software provided with Saffire PRO 24 sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps - The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite mic pres.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire interface - Features high quality A-D / D-A conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology; pristine audio quality and reliable synchronisation are guaranteed.
- Total I/O count of 16 inputs and 8 outputs - A host of I/O options are provided, including a unique Loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
- Saffire MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router - Provides an 18 x 16 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click mixing configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it takes sound to travel two feet through air!).
- Xcite+ Software Bundle - Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix - Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with all-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Front panel 5-LED metering - LED metering for each of the analogue inputs offers detailed viewing of levels direct from the front fascia.
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus - Providing a fully customised monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.