Another volume in this highly acclaimed series premiering sensational new arrangements for cello. CELLOWISE 2 includes Lacrimosa by Mozart, Paganini's La Campanella, Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet, Brahms Waltzes Op. 39 and Bach's Gavotte en Rondeau from Violin Partita in E made famous by Segovia.
With the drama and spectacle of Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, acrobatic leaps and fun of the Fair in Moussorgsky's Gopak, reflective chiaroscuro of the Brahms Waltzes, the fireworks of Paganini's La Campanella, mystical Lacrimosa of Mozart's Requiem or Bach's colourful variations in the Gavotte en Rondeau, this selection explores vivid and dramatic themes from the great Classics. It is idiomatic to the cello, clear and accessible in technical format and makes a practical and versatile concert handbook for cellists of all ages.
* 3. Polonaise (from Suite No. 2 BWV 1067) * 4. Gavotte en Rondeau (from Partita No. 3 in E major BWV 1006)
* 7. Waltz op. 39 No. 9 * 8. Waltz op. 39 No. 15
* 1. Hornpipe (from the Water Music) * 2. Air (from the Water Music)
* 5. Lacrimosa (from the Requiem K626)
* 9. Gopak (from Sorochintsky Fair)
* 6. La Campanella
* 10. Montagues and Capulets (from Romeo and Juliet)