Oxford Service Music for Organ: Manuals and Pedals, Book 1 was winner of the Music Industries Association's Best Classical Publication 2011.
This is a major collection of Organ music for students, players, and church musicians of all levels and abilities. Compiler and editor Anne Marsden Thomas has drawn on her long experience of teaching and playing to select the most attractive, tuneful repertoire in two new sets of graded anthologies, one set (3 volumes) for manuals only, the second set (3 volumes) for manuals and pedals.
Within each book the pieces are grouped according to service needs into Preludes, Interludes, Processionals, and Postludes. The repertoire spans the 16th to the 21st century, with some new pieces written especially for the collection. A number of pieces throughout the collection have been selected for the ABRSM organ syllabus.
The result is a wonderful collection of repertoire for all players, containing a wealth of attractive and varied pieces that will offer much practical support for church musicians and enrich and develop their playing.
- Major collection of organ music for students, players, and church musicians of all levels and abilities
- Each book groups pieces according to service needs: Preludes, Interludes, Processionals, Postludes
- Tuneful, attractive repertoire, spanning 16th-21st cents. with some new pieces written especially for the collection
- Major composers for the instrument well represented
- Pieces edited afresh to present music clearly and practically for players, with registration and tempo suggestions for each piece
- Strong representation in new ABRSM syllabus (from 2011)
- Graded collection: approx. book 1 Grades 1-4; book 2 Gr. 4-6, book 3 Gr. 6-8
- High-profile editor, leading teacher and concert organist