The Barenreiter Facsimile seal is used exclusively for facsimile publications that meet the highest technical and scholarly demands.
The distinguishing features include
- A facsimile in high resolution full-colour printing, reflecting the original
- Specially selected paper
- Decorative binding in keeping with the historic theme
- Individually trimmed pages, as far as the edition allows
- A commentary by internationally renowned scholars
- With an introduction and commentary by Christopher Hogwood (English/German)