The Line 6 POD® HD400 represents a giant leap forward for amp modeling. It is the only multi-effect pedal that boasts 16 brand-new state-of-the-art Line 6 HD amp models, 90+ modern and vintage-styled M-class effects, and a comprehensive digital and analog I/O.
HD amp modeling: sound and feel like never before
HD amp models defy the accepted standard. They feel, behave, and interact with previously unachievable realism.
Creating these new HD amp models was no small feat. Line 6 mixed 15 years of amp modeling experience with 3 years of new research and development to build an entirely new amp modeling technology from the ground up. During that time, they've hunted down 16 incredible amplifiers and - with the help of LA’s top tube amp experts - restored each one back to peak condition. The new modeling technology uses 10-times more amplifier information than before, including single-ended class A tube stages, class AB push/pull interactions, power supply behavior, and more. The result is unprecedented, warmth, feel, sustain, and articulation for you to fall in love with.
Tube amp fanatics have long enthused that their favorite stacks and combos aren’t merely "amps", but instruments themselves, with playability equal to that of the guitar plugged into them. New HD modeling takes the POD HD experience to that same exalted level, capturing the genuine playability that great guitarists demand.
Your amp collection now in HD!
On the menu is a collection of freshly modeled amps, many of which are brand-new to POD, and all of which are essential for performing guitarists who require a wide variety of tones in one streamlined, multi-FX-sized package.
POD HD400 includes 16 HD amp models based on*
- Fender® Twin Reverb®
- Hiwatt® Custom 100 (DR103)
- Supro® S6616
- Gibson® EH-185
- Fender® Bassman®
- Fender® Blackface Deluxe Reverb®
- Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
- Dr. Z® Route 66
- Vox® AC-15
- Vox® AC-30 (Top Boost)
- Marshall® JTM-45 MkII
- Park 75
- Marshall® JCM-800 (2204)
- Bogner® Uberschall
- Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®
- ENGL® Fireball 100
Power-boost your POD® HD multi-effect with an additional six HD amp models and five amp parameters – all for free in firmware update v1.3. To get v1.3 just connect your POD HD via USB to your computer, run Line 6 Monkey™ Intelligent Updater and follow the instructions.
90+ M-class FX
Made famous by Line 6 M13 and M9 Stompbox Modelers, M-class FX are the new stage-standards. POD HD400 features a whopping 90+ M-class effects to craft your sound. With this wide tonal palette to play with, you can sound like anyone under the sun... or no one but you. Use up to 4 FX at once.
- 30+ distortions (from classic stompbox distortion to thick metal chunk), EQs and compressors (from stomp comps to studio tube compression), and pitch FX
- 35+ analog and digital delays (including cool tube and solid-state tape echoes), wahs, and reverbs (from surfy springs, to studio plates, to cutting-edge digital rooms)
- 25+ swirly phasers, filters (including several exclusive custom filters) and other mods (including blackface-style opto and brownface bias-modulating tremolos, choruses, and rotary speakers)
The power of this collection is truly mind-boggling. In addition to these classic sounds themselves, POD HD400 functions as a fully featured looping, pitch shifting, and harmonizing machine. Ready to start creating? This rig could keep you going for a lifetime.
Unprecedented flexibility, stunning simplicity
Beyond the mere depth of the amp and FX models, POD HD400 offers flexibility to mix and match amps and pedals in multiple pre-set rigs, attainable at the stomp of a switch.
And where other manufacturers seem to require a degree in nuclear physics to access this kind of deep programmability, Line 6 have made it easy. Smart FX make it a snap to quickly dial in your tone, and the free, easy to use editor/librarian software supports your deepest, darkest tonal explorations. POD HD400 was designed by guitarists for guitarists.
Comprehensive connectivity for live and studio use
Put simply, POD HD400 connects to just about anything and everything - analog or digital, balanced or unbalanced, for amplification or recording.
A snapshot of the back panel shows 1/4" and XLR outputs (mono/stereo), USB, FX loop (mono/stereo), expression pedal input, a L6 LINK jack for seamless integration with Line 6 DT50 tube amplifiers, and more.
Built like a tank
POD HD400’s cutting-edge technology is kept safe within a "bulletproof" bent sheet metal housing with heavy-duty metal footswitches and expression pedal. No injection-molded plastic boxes here - POD HD400 is ready to lap up years of road and stage abuse and keep you playing.
- HD amp models are the new standard in amp modeling. They feel, behave, and interact with previously unachievable realism for an entirely new playing experience
- 16 HD amp models based on the most sought-after guitar tones: California cleans, classic crunch, vibey boutique warmth, modern high-gain, and more; 128 user presets; 256 factory presets
- 90+ effects including delays, modulations, distortions, compressors, EQs, filters, and reverbs; 4 simultaneous FX; Tap tempo
- 24-second looper with dedicated footswitches for Play Once, Pre/Post, Rec/Overdub, and Play/Stop
- Built-in tuner with signal mute
- 1/4" and XLR outputs (mono/stereo); MIDI via USB; FX loop (mono/stereo); expression pedal input; L6 LINK jack for seamless integration with Line 6 DT50 tube amplifiers; more
- Free editor/librarian software
- Bent sheet metal chassis, metal footswitches and expression pedal
*All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development. Fender, Bassman, Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Hiwatt is a registered trademark of Fernandes Company Ltd. Supro is a registered trademark of Zinky Electronics, LLC. Gibson is a registered trademark of Gibson Guitar Corp. Dr. Z is a registered trademark of Dr. Z Amps, Inc. Vox is a registered trademark of Vox R&D Limited. Marshall is a registered trademark of Marshall Amplification Plc. Bogner is a registered trademark of Bogner Amplification. Mesa/Boogie and Rectifier are registered trademarks of Mesa/Boogie Ltd. Engl is a registered trademark of Ausflug, Beate and Engl, Edmund.