- we / our / us refers to the member of our group that collects your data, is provided with your data or receives your data from another group company unless that company is only acting as a processor for the other group company.
- personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a data subject), and includes "personally identifiable information". An "identifiable natural person" is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Information we collect about you.
We may collect the following information:
- your name, e-mail address and phone number (including on- line identifiers, IP addresses and device information);
- your address/shipping address (including street, city, state/province, ZIP Code and country code);
- if you buy something from us, your billing/payment information (including cardholder name, daytime phone, billing address, card type, last 4-digits of the credit card number, and/or PayPal transaction ID - All credit card information is processed by our PCI compliant payment processor;
- products and services purchased from us and use of promotion codes;
- your password, if you register with us;
- if you are buying in your capacity as an employee of a business or an educational establishment (such as a school) then we may collect, your job title, company/employer name and work contact details including phone number and address;
- if you are a music teacher or other music professional, we may collect details of the type of music you teach or your professional role, and your membership of any teaching association or other organization for music professionals;
- marketing preferences;
- information about your visit, including your on line browsing history on our site, which may include products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- your location;
- communications, information and feedback you send to us;
- information provided by third parties or made publically available by you. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) who may provide information about you to us, but this information will only be used by us in accordance with data protection laws.
For more information on cookies, please see our Cookies Policy.
How we use your personal data.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to process an enquiry received from you, to respond to an expression of interest from you in one or more of our products and services or to create and manage your account with us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us. Please be aware that if you fail to provide information to us that we ask for, we may be unable to provide products or services to you. It is important we hold current information about you, so please provide us with any appropriate updates;
- to collect payments for any products or services you purchase from us and to enforce our legal rights;
- to check your identity and for crime and fraud prevention purposes;
- to moderate and publish reviews that you post on our site;
- to provide you with newsletters;
- to provide you with marketing information, including providing you with information by e mail, text, or other electronic means about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- with your consent, to provide you with information (by e mail, text or other electronic means) about other products and services our group companies or third parties offer that are complimentary to or related to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. This may include products and services that our group companies or third parties make available through one or more of their websites;
- if you consent to cookies on our site, then you may see personalised marketing when you visit other on line sites or stores. The personalised adverts will be related to items you have viewed or shown interest in when you visit our site. Please go to our Cookies Policy for ways to disable cookies;
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to try to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to try to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you;
- to share your personal data with some third parties including:
- entities that provide customer service applications to us to better enable us to respond to your requests for information or assistance;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them, for example suppliers of shipping services to fulfil your orders for physical products;
- credit card processors and other payment services providers, for the purposes of effecting payments by or to you;
- entities who provide services to us in relation to marketing, in order to assist us in marketing to you as described above;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- cloud service providers, including the entity that hosts this website, for the purposes of storage and such hosting;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- the purchaser of all or substantially all of our assets in which case personal data held by us about our customers (or the relevant customers) will be one of the transferred assets or internal reorganisation or restructuring;
- some of our group companies where such group companies are providing services to other group companies or where data is stored centrally on a system controlled by one of our group companies.
Our legal grounds for processing your data.
We will only use your personal data to the extent that the law allows us to do so and on the following basis:
- where it is necessary to perform a contract we have entered into or are about to enter into with you;
- where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party). Our legitimate interests include: conducting and managing our business and selling our products and services, marketing and promoting our products and services, data analytics, improving our web sites and keeping them secure, stores and products and services, investing in the development of new products and services, handling complaints and disputes, communicating with our customers and potential customers, and protecting our staff, customers and other visitors to our stores;
- where you have given us your consent;
- in order to comply with our legal obligations including preventing fraud and enforcing our legal rights.
Where we store your personal data and how we keep it secure
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. These may be located anywhere in the world, including the USA. See below concerning international transfers of personal data.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will comply with our legal requirements to keep your data secure and to prevent unauthorized access. This includes encryption of some information.
- We will also require third parties to whom we disclose your personal data to take appropriate measures to ensure the security of your personal data and not to use it except for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
International transfers of personal data
- Many of our external third parties to whom we transfer your personal data as described above are based outside the UK and/or the European Economic Area (EEA).
- If we transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA we will ensure that we do that in accordance with data protection laws, which may involve us putting in place additional contractual arrangements to provide the right level of protection for any personal data that is transferred.
- Please contact us at email@example.com. if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK and/EEA and the countries to which data is transferred.
- Where we transfer your personal data outside the UK or EEA, we do so on the basis of an adequacy decision.
Retention of personal data
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected your personal data.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of that personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. If by law we are required to retain any information about our customers or their interactions with us, we will retain your personal data insofar as required to comply with such law.
- We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data in certain other circumstances, namely where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law;
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to another person or entity. In that case we will provide to you, or to the person or entity to whom you wish us to transfer your personal data, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format;
- Withdraw consent at any time to direct marketing;
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) or another applicable regulator. If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your personal data please do contact us, as set out below, as we would appreciate the opportunity to resolve your complaint.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Are you a California resident? Click here
Musicroom Terms and Conditions
1. Our terms
2. Information about us and how to contact us
3. Our contract with you
4. Our products
5. What changes can be made
6. Providing the products
7. Your rights to end the contract
Right under the Consumer Contracts
How our goodwill guarantee is more generous
14 day period to change your mind.
30 day period to change your mind provided products are unopened and in their original packaging. During the period 1 November to 31 December you have until 31 January in the following year to change your mind.
In order to benefit from our goodwill guarantee, products must be returned either unopened in their original packaging, or if opened, in perfect re-sellable condition.
8. How to end the contract with us (including if you are a consumer who has changed their mind)
(b) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
9. Our rights to end the contract
10. If there is a problem with the product
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. Call Customer Support on +44 (0)1284 725 725 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a consumer
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call +44 (0)3454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your products are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your products can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your products do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
See also clause 7.5.
12. Price and payment
13. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you if you are a consumer
15. How we may use your personal information
16. Gift vouchers
16.1 Where you can use a gift voucher. From time to time we may offer gift vouchers for sale. If you purchase a gift voucher it can only be used on Musicroom.com. It is not redeemable in our high street stores. In order to redeem a gift voucher on Musicroom.com you must have a registered user account on Musicroom.com. If you do not already have an account you will be asked to create one.