This revision guide presents all of the key information that you will need to know for your written exam. Without going into unnecessary detail, it includes:
- A revision section on the elements of music
- The most important facts about all of the topics in Area of Study 2, 3 and 4
- Revision tips that will help you to prepare for the exam with confidence
- Test yourself questions that allow you to check your knowledge
- Listening suggestions that will help you to remain focused on the importance of listening in the exam
- A comprehensive glossary that you can use to check you understand the key terms.
This revision guide has been written by an experienced teacher and examiner in a concise and friendly manner. It will help you to achieve the best results possible.Alan Charlton
is a freelance composer. He was awarded the first ever PhD in Composition from Bristol University in 1997 and was the first Eileen Norris Fellow in Composition at Bedford School (1999-2002). He was head of music technology at Bedford School from 2000- 2009 and is also an examiner for Edexcel.Supporting Material
Tracks are recommended throughout the book to accompany various activities or for broader listening opportunities. iTunes playlists are available with all the tracks in one place for you to download if you wish. Ensure that iTunes Ping is turned on, then search for Rhinegold Education, where you will see all the available playlists for our books.
The Spotify playlist can be downloaded from this link: OCR GCSE Music Revision Guide
The iTunes iMix can be dowloaded here
Answers to the Test Yourself questions are available to download here