This book contains a series of practice tests and papers that will help you to prepare fully for Unit 3 (Developing Musical Understanding) of your AS-level exam. It has been carefully written by experienced teachers and examiners to match the requirements of the Edexcel AS Music specification; the content relates to the set works that you will study for examination in 2011, 2012 or 2013. You can use this book for coursework or revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam. It includes:
- Listening tests and practice questions for all three sections of the written paper
- One full practice paper for each year, laid out as in the exam
- Expert advice on how to devise your own tests
- Helpful hints to enable you to get a better grade
- Model answers to all of the questions
- A comprehensive glossary that explains all of the terms you need to know [/BL]
- This book has been written for use with the CDs that accompany the Edexcel New Anthology of Music.
Hugh Benham read Music and English at Southampton University, where he was awarded a Ph.D. for his study of the music of John Taverner. He is a chair of examiners for GCE Music, an in-service trainer, church organist, and writer, and formerly taught music in a sixth-form college.
Hugh has contributed to Music Teacher and Classroom Music magazines, and is the author of Baroque Music in Focus (Rhinegold, 2007). His other writing includes two books on English church music, including John Taverner: his Life and Music (Ashgate, 2003), articles on early music, contributions to The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians (2001) and Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart, and a complete edition of Taverner for Early English Church Music.