Supporting Material: Answers to the Test Yourself questions are available to download here
Tailored to the new Edexcel GCSE Music specification (first examination in 2011). This revision guide presents all of the key information that Edexcel students need to know for success in their written exam, without unnecessary detail and complications.
- Key facts about each of the 12 set works
- Revision tips that will help you to prepare for the exam with confidence
- A reminder of how to write about the elements of music
- Test yourself questions that allow you to check your knowledge as you progress
- A comprehensive glossary that enables you to check that you understand the key terms.
This revision guide has been written by an experienced teacher and examiner in a concise and friendly manner. It will help you to achieve the best results possible.
Tracks are recommended throughout the book to accompany various activities or for broader listening opportunities. iTunes playlists are available with all the tracks in one place for you to download if you wish. Ensure that iTunes Ping is turned on, then search for Rhinegold Education, where you will see all the available playlists for our books.
is a freelance composer. He was awarded the first ever PhD in Composition from Bristol University in 1997 and was the first Eileen Norris Fellow in Composition at Bedford School (1999–2002). He was head of music technology at Bedford School from 2000–2009 and is also an examiner for Edexcel.
"I don’t know what I would have done without the little blue book!"
Student, Chessington Community College, Surrey