What is it about some musicians and performers who consistently achieve success? Are they the best
performers? Did they have the best teachers? Do they have the best professional contacts and
connections? Is it just coincidence? Of course not!
Dr. Steve Zegree of Western Michigan University, choral arranger and conductor of Western Michigan's
Gold Company has developed this practical guide for performers, students, teachers and parents which
offers fundamental philosophies and concepts that are essential to a person's growth and development
and will contribute to a successful professional life in music. More than just the basics, more than a
prescribed curriculum and more than just getting in front of an audience to go through the motions of
what you did in rehearsal – call it the Wow Factor – there is something for everyone in this book!
And, as a special bonus, Chapter 8 offers interviews with great performers from all facets of the music industry, including: Simon Carrington, Nick Lachey, Ward Swingle, Roger Emerson, Mac Huff, Liza
Minnelli and many more!
- Chapter 1: The Wow Factor: The Framework
- Chapter 2: How to Practice and Rehearse for The Wow Factor
- Chapter 3: How to Prepare a Wow Audition
- Chapter 4: Ifs, Ands or Buts – and Rules to Live By
Chapter 5: Don't Go to Your Face: Putting the Polish on Your Performance
- Chapter 6: How to Educate and Entertain
- Chapter 7: How to Win on NBC's Clash of the Choirs
- Chapter 8: "Wow" Perspectives: The Interviews
- Chapter 9: Coda