Designed to offer the high-end features of Martin's more expensive models at an accessible price, the Martin 1-series models are made in the USA by some the finest luthiers in the world.
The woods used in these models are specially selected for optimum acoustic qualities, with the result that they offer superior sound right out of the box. With all-solid wood construction they will also mature and sound better over time, especially if played regularly. The 1-series models feature Martin's patented Mortise/Tenon neck joint, while Hybrid "X" Scalloped bracing allows the top to vibrate more freely. 1-series models are supplied with a Martin hard case.
The OM-1 orchestra is smaller than a dreadnought with a 1 3/4" fingerboard width at the nut (slightly wider than usual), making it ideal for fingerpicking styles.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified Hybrid "X" Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Solid Sapele
- Side Material: Solid Sapele
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Indian Rosewood Pattern HPL
- Heelcap: Black Boltaron
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed W/ Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White W/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 330 Hardshell