The Rhinegold World Conservatoires
directory lists institutions around the world dedicated to training professional musicians.Who is it for?
- School musicians considering their options for higher education
- Current undergraduates who may be interested in spending part of their degree abroad
- Current undergraduates considering their options for postgraduate study
- Non-UK students considering the possibility of coming to the UK
- To promote the idea of travelling to study and to highlight the reasons why music is especially suited to overseas study
- To sketch out the character and flavour of locations where the conservatoires are located
Around 200 conservatoires from around the world (including all the UK music colleges) are listed by country and city, together with information about local musical activity and other cultural information, plus summaries of national education systems.
Practical advice on subjects such as travelling, language-learning and exchange programmes, plus articles focusing on specialist study areas (eg opera and early music).
Listing information includes: contact details, key teaching staff; courses offered, application requirements, number of students, language requirements; key dates and deadlines; fees, scholarships and other awards; performance opportunities; exchange partnerships; music facilities, accommodation available.