Stephen Howard: Haynes Saxophone Manual
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
The Saxophone is arguably the most iconic of all instruments, but with its graceful form and soulful tone it's easy to forget that it's still a machine. It's a complicated machine, too, and even a slight fault in the mechanism can affect the way it feels and plays.
This innovative manual explains clearly and simply how the mechanism functions and what can be done to maintain it, as well as to improve its performance with professional set-up techniques, with few or no specialist tools.
This manual is essential reading for everyone who plays the saxophone.Key content
- The action described - how it works and what can go wrong.
- Lubrication and preventing wear.
- Setting up the action - improving the feel and tweaking for performance.
- Trouble-shooting common problems - tricks, tips and trade secrets.
- Major problems - when to call on a repairer.