No longer need you be told that you are too small or too young to play the Saxophone!
The Saxophone is one of the most popular musical instruments around today, and features in many high profile bands. Until now however, a new generation of potential musicians have been denied the opportunity to learn the instrument, based solely around their age and size!
The challenge was to design and manufacture an Alto Saxophone that would meet the needs of the smaller and younger players currently unable to learn to play the instrument, due to weight and hand positioning issues.
To enable future progression on the Saxophone it was also essential that any new design would also fit in with established instrumental teaching publications by retaining fundamental fingerings and instrumental key of Eb.
The revolutionary new Alphasax
by Trevor James design of Alto Saxophone has solved all the issues and now enables young players to fulfil their dream of learning to play the Saxophone.
- Unique Design: The new Alphasax is based around the original body tube of the award winning Trevor James Horn alto saxophone with completely redesigned mechanism and tone hole positioning. This ensures that the instrument looks and plays like a normal alto sax.
- Key and Mechanism: The Alphasax in the key of Eb, with a full two octave chromatic facility using established finger positioning to enable the smaller player to learn the Alto Saxophone using current study books. A New and innovative mechanism has enabled the finger positioning of a normal Saxophone to be maintained.
- Key and Mechanism Detail: The left hand palm keys for top D#, E and F have been removed. The top D key has been adjusted to fit small hands. The low B & Bb keys have been removed. Redesigned G# and low C# keys are now easier to reach. The right hand side F# keys and side C key have been removed. Redesigned low D# and C keys are now easier to reach. The Alphasax retains a fully chromatic range from low C to high D. Bb bis and side Bb keys are retained.
- At only 1.86kg in weight the revolutionary Alphasax saxophone is 33% lighter than the traditional alto saxophone.
- Case: A new lightweight (1.48kg) moulded case with backpack straps is included along with a padded neckt strap, mouthpiece, cap and single screw ligature. A Vandoren reed completes the package.
The Alphasax by Trevor James is therefore an incredible 3.34kg in its carry case (compared to the usual 4.9kg + of the standard alto saxophone). A stunning 46% lighter!