The original WAVEDRUM
percussion synthesizer released in 1994 is one of KORG's legendary musical instruments famous for its innovative design, performance possibilities and unique sounds. Now the affordable next generation WAVEDRUM
is here - sonically richer, more sensitive, more powerful and expressive enough to create its own musical legend.
With its wide dynamic range equivalent to that of an acoustic instrument, the WAVEDRUM
responds perfectly to the performer's action, from subtly nuanced touching and stroking to aggressive hitting. It has a wide variety of instruments ranging from standard acoustic percussion instruments to new and unique percussion sounds.
Instruments that normally require special techniques to play, such as tabla, conga, etc., can be played easily. In addition Wavedrum establishes its own way of playing giving you unparalleled expression full of originality and depth. And with its compact and light weight design, the WAVEDRUM fits all performance situations from casual playing through to full on recording or performance.Features:
- Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer providing new/unparalleled expressiveness through innovative synthesis technology.
- Versatile and flexible performance from a hybrid sound generation system combining DSP based synthesis algorithms and PCM playback engine.
- Unprecedented expression by creating unique sounds using the pressure sensor and piezoelectric pickup and translating subtle nuances of how the head and rim are played.
- Individual playing styles will produce different sounds depending upon how the head and rim are played, how pressure is applied pressure to the head, etc.
- 100 preset programs covering a wide range of sounds from standard percussion sounds to new and unique sounds.
- 100 user programs for storing your own sounds.
- Live mode can store up to 12 (4 programs x 3 banks) favourite sounds for instant recall during Live Performance.
- Compact and light weight design allows for easy transport and set up.
- 100 loop phrases covering various genres and tempos allow Wavedrum users to jam along.
- AUX input allows monitoring of another WAVEDRUM, CD/MP3 player or any other audio source.
DSP + PCM Combination
- DSP Algorithms:
- PCM Instruments:
200 Total; 100 Head, 100 Rim
200 Total; 100 Preset, 100 User
- Loop Phrases:
100 Total; Various genres and tempos
- Panel Controls:
Volume, Bank/Mode/Page select, Program/Parameter select, Value control, Write
- Input/Output jacks:
Output: L, R ¼" unbalanced
Phones: Stereo mini phone jack
AUX IN: Stereo mini phone jack
3-character 7-segment LED
- Sampling frequency:
- A/D, D/A conversion:
- Power supply:
(W)×344(D)×75(H) mm / 13.74"(W) x 13.54"(D) x2.95"(H)
2Kg / 4.41 lbs.
- Included items:
AC Adapter, Tuning key, Allen wrench