Richard Knight: AQA A2 Music Study Guide - 3rd Edition
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
For first teaching in September 2009 and examination in June 2010
This guide is specially written to ensure those who have completed AS Music and are moving on to the A2 course are expertly equipped to achieve a better grade in the exam.
Each of the three units for A2 are covered, with considerable detailed material on unit 4 including:
- Extensive step-by-step analysis of two set works (Mahler’s Symphony No. 4 and Vaughan Williams’ Symphony No. 5)
- Commentary on a varied selection of material to cover each of the three new Areas of Study
- A revision of the technical vocabulary required for the AS listening paper
- A comprehensive section covering the new technical vocabulary required for the A2 listening paper, with exercises to train the ear to spot these features.
- For unit 5, there is a close inspection of examples of the two styles required for Brief A, with detailed commentary for how to re-create these styles, as well as structured advice on preparing for the Brief B and Brief C options.
Finally, there is help for candidates as they prepare for the performing unit.
The guide is written by a senior examiner with many years' experience of teaching and examining A level Music. This is an invaluable book for students; one they will gain greatly from during their A2 course.
"This is a worthwhile book which is certainly excellent in relation to the written paper and will save the busy music teacher hours of preparation."
Chris Cook, Faculty Leader Performance. Temple Moor High School Science College.