Ultimate Beginner: Have Fun Playing Djembe
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
This Item Earns 30 Musicroom Points
Learning djembe was meant to be this easy!
This unique two-part DVD was designed to offer the beginning hand drummer a fun and creative approach to start playing immediately. In Part 1, expert percusionist Brad Dutz covers how to develop a good sense of the beat, how to produce tones, and how to play a rhythm. Part 2 presents in-depth instructions on the proper techniques for producing a variety of tones and sounds. In addition to presenting exercises to develop strong technique, this DVD also exposes you to various authentic rhythmic patterns from a diversity of world cultures.
Brad Dutz was born in Decatur, Illinois, and has played music all of his life. In 1981, after graduating from North Texas University, he moved to Los Angeles and began studying with Luis Conte, who to this day is a strong influence both as a teacher and a friend. Brad Dutz has performed with such notables as Alanis Morrissette (Alanis Unplugged
), LeAnn Rimes (Twisted Angel
), the Ocena's 11 soundtrack, Lee Ann Womack (Something worth Leaving Behind
) and David Benoit (Fuzzy Logic
- Basic Rhythms
- Various drum tones and sounds
- Proper technique for playing
- Authentic World rhythm patterns and cultures
- Cutting-edge DVD special feature sets
- Interactive Drums From Around the World
- Performance Applications of Education: Fanga Rhythm, Framedrum Performance
- Additional Product Previews
- DVD-ROM Features: Internet Connectivity, Printable Worksheets