Victor Wooten: Groove Workshop (2 DVDs)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
Master Bassist Victor Wooten lays out his philosophy of teaching and learning music in Groove Workshop, a brilliant master class captured on DVD by Hudon Music. While traditional music education focuses on technique and 'playing the right notes', Victor delves deeper and emphasizes many subtle and rarely taught aspects of music making, giving the viewer an incredible insight into his musical concepts.
Working with a master class of six Bassists, each with Bass in hand, Victor - along with expert Bassist and instructor Anthony Wellington - explores the following intriguing concepts:
- Notes: is it possible for wrong notes to sound great?
- Grooving: what elements need to be present for a good groove to happen?
- Articulation: how can you use articulation to better express yourself?
- Technique: should you be conscious of your technique?
- Emotion/Feel: are you able to make the deepest connection with your listeners - the emotional connection?
- Dynamics: how are dynamics critical to drawing in your listeners or pushing them away?
- Rhythm/Tempo: what are some specific exercises to improve your time?
- Tone: how can tone make people dance?
- Phrasing: how can you use your imagination to improve your phrasing?
- Space/Rest: why is silence so important in playing music?
- Listening: learn why for Victor, listening is actually the most important aspect of playing music.