Kathy and David Blackwell: Viola Time Sprinters - Book 3 (Book And CD)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
This Item Earns 16 Musicroom Points
is a great series for young Viola players. Packed with lively original tunes, well-known pieces, and easy duets, the series is carefully paced and organized to build confidence every step of the way. Viola Time Sprinters
- Pieces using the finger pattern 01-2-34 plus low 2nd fingers and high third fingers.
- 2nd and 3rd position pieces.
- A range of bowing techniques, e.g. spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing.
- original pieces in different styles plus well-known pieces.
- Pieces using modes, the chromatic and blues scales, and dominant 7ths.
- Duets with parts of equal difficulty.
- CD with performances and backings for all the pieces as well as tuning tracks; drumkit and bass added for the jazz and rock numbers.
- Straightforward Piano accompaniments in a separate volume (9780193360822)