Thomas Lang: Creative Coordination And Advanced Foot Technique (DVD)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
This Item Earns 38 Musicroom Points
This three-disc, seven-hour set presents a cutting-edge approach to 21st-century drumming with particular emphasis on coordination and foot technique.
In a step-by-step approach that starts slowly and simply, Thomas lays out a clear and concise method for working up to the kinds of fast, complex and challenging beats that have pushed the boundaries of contemporary Rock, Metal and Fusion music.
- Advanced Foot-Technique Exercises - Covers the use of single and double-stroke patterns, flam and double-stroke accent patterns and exercises, along with a series of rudimental workouts that show how Thomas has developed the technique for playing multi-pedal orchestrations (M.P.O.s) and foot ostinatos.
- Contemporary Coordination Matrix - Thomas reveals his 'secret formula,' a method for practicing contemporary coordination and independence in the most efficient and time-saving manner. He breaks down his system so that everyone can see how it’s done.
- Modern Playing Concepts - Thomas demonstrates how to apply these 21st-Century drumming concepts to real-life playing situations, showing examples of hardcore-drumming techniques in contemporary musical styles as well as several tour de force drum solos.
- A beautiful four-colour poster with Thomas’ incredible X-Ray drum set on one side and the 'Matrix' on the other.
- An audio commentary track by Thomas
- Bonus chapters on Posture, Seat Height, Balance, Stick Grip, and Practicing.
- Transcriptions (PDF files), a 'tour' of Thomas’ X-Ray Kit and V-Drums Kit
- Bonus V-Drums Solo a visit to Thomas’ home studio
- Live Solo performance
- A photo gallery
- A full German translation track by Thomas