Beyond Basics: Introducing Alternate Tuning For FingerStyle Guitar (Video PAL)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
Introducing Alternate Tuning For FingerStyle Guitar
Using alternate (non-standard) tuning, artists such as Joni Mitchell
, Leo Kottke
, David Wilcox
, Neil Young
and many others draw a beautiful and fascinating new sounds from the guitar. In this video, fingerstyle wizard Mark Hanson
shows you how easy it is to begin exploring the world of new sounds made possible with a few simple alternate tunings. Firs, Mark explores some of the beautiful new chords and melodic patterns available to you in each tuning. Using thos new chords as a starting point, you can begin writing your own songs and arrangements. Next, to help you further explore these new tunings and to befin your alternate tuning repertoire, Mark teaches, note-for-note, four of his own compositions.
- Introduces the four most common alternate tunings
- Open G, drop C (C wahine), Dadgad, open D
- Four complete songs, taught note-for-note
- Blues slide, hawaiian slack key, celtic, new age
- Beautiful new chords
- Patterns to help you to explore the new tunings
- Accompanying free tab booklet.