Bryan Bowers' Autoharp Techniques: Developing Your Skills
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
Move away from simple strumming and learn some of the dynamic song arrangements and solo styles that Bowers has developed throughout his career. You will be amazed with huge variety of new sounds you can achieve on the instrument using Bryan's well-honed methods.
The lessons include:
- The art of good accompaniment for backing up vocals
- Finding the melody, and using thumb-lead and adding one, two or even three harmony parts
- How to set up and tune your Harp correctly and effectively
- Finding the 'sweet spot' and getting the best sound
- Using picks on all five fingers
- The 'Mirror Trick' that will help avoid tension and injury during prolonged playing
There's also a selection of full solo arrangements for Autoharp, including Old Joe Clark
, Hard Times
and Gold Watch And Chain