Ying Ying Ng: Music Theory For Young Musicians - Grade 4 (Second Edition)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
The Music Theory For Young Musicians series covers all aspects of the AB theory syllabus for grades 1-5 with a colourful and imaginative set of books.
With one book per grade, assigning theory lessons for your students couldn't be easier. The books contain a step-by-step guide for each concept and then include general exercises for the evaluation and reinforcement of these concepts.
This progressive series with built-in revision element means you can measure your students' progress every step of the way to their exam.
Grade 4 Covers:
- Alto clef
- Time signatures (6/4, 9/4, 12/4, 6/16, 9/16, 12/16)
- Breves, double dots and duplets
- Four-bar rhythms
- Double sharps and double flats
- Major and minor scales (up to 5 sharps and flats)
- Technical names of scale degrees
- Triads and chords on l, lV and V
- Intervals (major, perfect, minor, augmented, diminished)
- The chromatic scale
- Writing a rhythm to words
- Instruments with illustrations
- Performance directions (Grade 4)
- General exercises (Grade 4)