Flute 103: Mastering The Basics continues the technical, creative and musical development of advanced intermediate flautists by integrating etudes, solo repertoire, orchestral excerpts, duets and contemporary techniques through an innovative curriculum in the major and relative minor A Flat, E, D Flat, B and G Flat.
Lesson plans present, in a clear and logical sequence, activities to develop tone, vibrato, technique and musicianship. The phrasing guides, practice suggestions and prelude activities expand on the pedagogical approach used in Flute 101 and Flute 102, making Flute 103 a must-have staple - perfect for use in the private and university studio.
Flute 103: Mastering The Basics
- New comprehensive daily warm-up
- Major and minor scale studies, arpeggios and more
- Continuation of technical studies: articulation, dynamics, tone and vibrato
- Solo and duet recital repertoire and performance guides
- Preludes to develop musicianship and technical facility
- More in-depth work on trills, including a trill fingering chart
- May be used for Piccolo, Alto and Bass Flute studies
- Ideal to follow Flute 102 and any other intermediate Flute method