Rolly Brown: A Nuts & Bolts Approach To Melody
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
This lesson is designed to start you on the road to playing improvisationally over all manner of chord progressions. It will teach you how, with just a couple basic scales, you can understand how all of the twelve tones fit into a framework for soloing, and, then, how you can develop great soloing chops without even thinking about scales.
Material covered includes:
- Major and Blues scales; the basic building blocks.
- Understanding how each note sounds within a key signature by training your ear.
- “Altered” and “Hybrid Blues” Scales, for more advanced ear training.
- Pentatonic major scales for country/rock guitar.
- How to approach solo fingerstyle Blues improvisation.
- Rolly's 3 step process for non-scale soloing, based on chord shapes and arpeggios.
- Chord melody playing.
- Physical mechanisms for expressive soloing.
- Making your music sound human