Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is state-of-the-art software that reproduces the sounds of the musical instruments in a symphony orchestra, right from your computer. This award-winning collection has set the standard for orchestral sample libraries.
Create lush symphonic music with this collection of software instruments. There are well over 200 software instruments - delicious strings, joyous brass, intimate woodwinds, powerful percussion, glorious concert organ, Steinway virtual concert piano, heavenly harps and more.
Instant Orchestra vs. Personal Orchestra?
Instant Orchestra is for those who do not want to spend time building orchestrations with one instrument or section at a time. It provides pre- packaged groups of instruments, combined sections, orchestral effects, and mood-based presets. Instant Orchestra is designed for those who know little about orchestration or do not have the time to build them. The idea is to provide a large variety of lush, playable orchestrations with the least time and effort.
Garritan Personal Orchestra’s focus is on individual solo instruments and some sections of instruments in order to build orchestrations. Usually knowledge of orchestration is required.
Instant Orchestra can be a perfect complement to Garritan Personal Orchestra.
Personal Orchestra 4.0 Instrument List:
- VIOLINS: Solo Stradivari Violin, Solo Gagliano Violin, Solo Guarneri Violin, 9 Violins for Ensembles, 1st Violin Section (12 Players), 2nd Violin Section (10 Players).
- VIOLAS: Solo Viola, 3 Violas for Ensembles, Viola Section (10 Players).
- CELLOS: Solo Gofriller Cello, Solo Montagnana Cello, Solo Pierray Cello, 9 Cellos for Ensembles, Cello Section (8 Players).
- BASSES: Solo Double Bass, 3 Double Basses for Sections, Double Bass Section (7 Players)
- FLUTES: Solo Flute, 3 Flutes for Ensembles, Piccolo, Alto Flute, Bass Flute
- CLARINETS: Solo Bb Clarinet , 3 Clarinets for Ensembles, Eb Clarinet , Bass Clarinet , 3 Bass Clarinets for Ensembles, Contrabass Clarinet
- DOUBLE REEDS: Solo Oboe (Two Soloists), 3 Oboes for Ensembles, English Horn (Two Soloists), Solo Bassoon (Two Soloists) , 3 Bassoons for Ensembles, Contrabassoon (Two Soloists)
- TRUMPETS: Solo Trumpet (Three Soloists including one from Project SAM), 9 Trumpets for Ensembles (including 3 from Project SAM), Trumpets with Straight Mutes, Trumpet forte Overlay, 2 Solo Piccolo Trumpets (2 soloists), Trumpet Section (from Project SAM)
- TROMBONES: Solo Tenor Trombone (Two Soloists including one from Project SAM), 6 Trombones for Ensembles, Trombone forte Overlay, Solo Bass Trombones (Three Soloists including one from Project SAM), Trombone Section (from Project SAM).
- FRENCH HORNS: Solo French Horns (Three Soloists including one from Project SAM), 9 Horns for Ensembles, French Horns with Mutes, Horn forte & fortissimo Overlays, French Horn Section (from Project SAM).
- TUBAS: Tubas (Three Soloists including one from Project SAM), Tuba forte Overlay, Solo Contrabass Tuba.
- UNPITCHED: Basic Orchestral Percussion, Wind Machine, Bass Drum (adjustable fundamental), Snare Drum, Orchestral Cymbals, Gong & Tam-Tam, Crotales, Triangles, Mark Tree, Cowbells, Assorted Percussion Toys.
- PITCHED: Timpani, Grand Symphonic Marimba, Vibraphone, Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Tubular Bells, Hand Bells.
Keyboards, Harps & Choir:
- KEYBOARDS: Steinway Concert Grand Piano, Duo 1 & Duo 2 Pianos, Concert Pipe Organ (11 Stops / Pedals), Harpsichord (3 Stops), Celeste.
- HARPS: Harp 1 (Venus), Harp 2 (Wurlitzer), Glissando Harp Package.
- CHOIR: Full Choir Lite
Running Personal Orchestra is dependent on the speed of your computer. The faster the processor the better.
- PC: Core 2 Duo CPU or better recommended.
- Mac: MacIntel required; OS X 10.5 (32Bit),- OS X 10.6 and 10.7 (32Bit & 64Bit).
- 2 GB RAM Recommended
- 3.5 GB of free hard drive space
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
- Internet connection for download version, DVD ROM drive required for boxed version installation.
- Monitor with 1,024 x 768 resolution or better
- A sound card compatible with ASIO, DirectSound, or MME
- MIDI: A MIDI or USB interface may be required if you are using a n electronic keyboard (88-key full-sized MIDI keyboard recommended). A keyboard with Mod Wheel is highly recommended.
- High quality speakers and amplifier, or high quality headphones.
- Internet connection for updates and online registration.