The Language Of Folk - Book 1 (Elementary To Intermediate)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
The Language of Folk Book 1 offers 20 elementary to intermediate folk songs from around the British Isles and further afield, carefully selected and arranged to develop the key skills and vocal styles integral to folk song.
Produced in association with The Sage Gateshead and its nationally renowned folk music programme, these books provide a wealth of material both for established folk singers and those new to the world of folk.
- 20 varied folk songs, progressing from beginner level to around grade 4
- Includes both unaccompanied songs and songs arranged with piano accompaniment
- Informative contextual notes and practice tips for every song
- Chord names provided for all songs, offering performers the freedom to add their own accompaniment
- Helpful introduction to the folk song genre, including a beginner’s guide to ornamentation
- CD with authentic performances of every song by young folk singers, along with backing tracks for the accompanied pieces
- Complete lyric sheets available as PDFs to print on the CD
- All unaccompanied songs feature on the current Trinity singing syllabus (‘Technical Work’ section)