Classical Guitar For Dummies
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
Want to be a classical guitarist, but never had a lesson? No problem — this hands-on guide teaches you all the fundamental techniques you need to play scales, melodies, and full-length pieces in the classical style.
You get plenty of practice exercises to stretch your skills, selections from the classical repertoire, and a bonus audio CD that helps you play along with the music pieces from the book!
Open the book and find:
- Get acquainted with your guitar — familiarize yourself with the unique make-up and parts of a classical guitar
- Start making some music — play melodies on individual strings, move on to arpeggios, and get your fingers in shape with scales
- Ramp up your technique — play barres, slurs, and trills; handle harmonics; master right-hand tremolo; and venture up the neck to play in the higher positions
- Build your classical repertoire — from Renaissance and Baroque to Classical, Romantic, and Modern, play pieces from the major eras in classical music
- Practice makes perfect — improve your performance with expert guidance through each exercise and piece in the book
Bonus CD Includes
- Tips and techniques for playing beautiful pieces
- How to read music notation and tablature
- Basic finger and thumb strokes
- Right- and left-hand techniques
- Musical examples, charts, and photos
- Music pieces from the guitar greats
- The best ways to care for your guitar
- A step-by-step tutorial on changing your strings
- More than 140 recorded performances of the exercises and pieces featured in the book
- Pieces performed using a count-off, allowing you to play along in time with the music
- Tuning notes to help you tune up your guitar