Paul Balmer: Haynes Fender Stratocaster Manual (2nd Edition)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
Leo Fender launched the Stratocaster electric guitar in 1954 as an upgrade to his revolutionary Telecaster. The ‘Strat’ – streamlined, chrome-plated, efficient, fast and sexy – soon gained icon status. Today, while original models change hands for thousands of dollars, almost identical Stratocasters are mass-produced by Fender USA for sale worldwide. The ‘Strat’ remains a low-maintenance ‘good little runner’ and, with the help of the second edition of this practical ‘how to’ manual, will last a lifetime.
- Buying a ‘Strat’, used and new options, pitfalls, authenticity issues, getting the right ‘Strat’ for the job.
- Pre-gig checks, tuning, stageside repairs.
- Routine maintenance and servicing.
- Set-ups and careful ‘customising’.
- Safety, electric shocks, hearing damage, paint spray hazards, repetitive strain injury.
- Dimensions and weights, buying spares, model identification.
- ‘Under the hood’ with celebrity users: how the pros set up their ‘Strats’ and related hardware.
- This second edition is fully updated throughout, and includes extra case studies and a new section showing how to 'Voodoo' your Squier Strat.