Hand-held field recorders have been hot commodities for musicians, recording engineers, and sound designers for years. Today, the mercury rises in this dynamic market with the debut of the game-changing R-26. This innovative recorder is portable yet loaded with first-class, professional features, the likes of which the industry has not seen before. There are two types of stereo microphones built into the R-26, plus a pair of XLR/TRS combo inputs for external mics, and an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic. Choose simultaneous combinations of the built-in mics (directional and omnidirectional), as well as the external inputs. Capture live performances with simultaneous line and ambient signal paths, record important speeches, lectures, and presentations, or take the R-26 into the inner city or deep forest for pristine field capture. The sky’s the limit with this powerful, portable, and incredibly flexible recorder.
- Two types of built-in stereo microphones (omnidirectional and directional) that can be used in various combinations
- Two XLR/TRS combo inputs with 48 V phantom power, plus an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic
- Supports up to six channels (three stereo channels) of simultaneous recording Large LCD touchscreen display for intuitive navigation
- Large input-level knobs for fine adjustment
- Built-in Hi-Speed USB interface for use as an audio interface or external storage
- Loop-Back function; combine this with the built-in or external mics for the optimum live video streaming setup (only with Audio Interface function)
- Bundled with SONAR LE software (PC)
The R-26 features Roland’s latest DSP engine, which allows simultaneous recording of up to six channels (three stereo channels). A large LCD touchscreen display lets you directly navigate menus for customizing the microphone settings, editing waveforms, and so on. It also features large input-level knobs for making precise adjustments.
Directional and omnidirectional stereo microphones are built into the R-26, and can be used simultaneously. This unique multi-stereo mic recording system lets you capture a wide stereo soundfield without spoiling the vibrant low frequencies and ambience of the venue.
Two XLR/TRS combo mic inputs are built into the R-26, plus an input for a stereo plug-in powered mic, which can be combined simultaneously with the internal mics. At a live concert, for example, the R-26 can capture a stereo mix from the FOH mixer via its XLR inputs, as well as the ambient audience noise via its built-in stereo mics.
The R-26 allows up to six channels of simultaneous recording (three stereo pairs). Capture the same sound source with three different types of microphones, both internal and external. This provides a new level of flexibility after the fact, as you can choose from the individual tracks or composite mixes.
You can connect the R-26 to your computer for use as an audio interface or for external storage. Use the R-26 in combination with the bundled SONAR LE software app to perform recording and detailed editing on your PC.