The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP is a 16 in / 8 out FireWire audio interface, featuring real-time DSP-powered tracking and mixing solutions tailor-made for the modern home studio environment.
Alongside DSP-powered compression and EQ for ultra-low-latency tracking and ‘comfort’ reverb, is VRM; a Virtual Reference Monitoring technology that lets you hear your mix in different environments, through different speakers and from different positions, all just using headphones.
VRM makes Saffire PRO 24 DSP the only interface capable of simulating over one hundred different monitoring scenarios through your headphones. VRM overcomes the major obstacle for mixing with headphones by giving you multiple perspectives on your mix, as if you were listening through speakers. Indeed, noise levels from mixing through speakers can make it impossible for most to mix at home, especially late at night; with VRM, you can mix anytime, anywhere. Using any pair of monitoring headphones, VRM let’s you choose your mixing environment from a living room, a bedroom studio, or a professional studio. You then simply choose where you are positioned in that room and what speakers you listen through.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP draws on twenty-five years of mic pre excellence. The two Focusrite preamps capture every subtle nuance of your sound whilst ensuring low noise and distortion. Meanwhile, high-quality digital conversion and JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP’s other real-time DSP-powered effects also exhibit Focusrite’s uncompromised approach to audio quality. EQ, compression and ‘Comfort’ reverb sonically derived from the ‘Focusrite Plug-in Suite’ (also included as VST/AU plug-ins) are all integrated within the Saffire MixControl software, providing professional ultra-low-latency tools for tracking and monitoring.
Alongside the two Focusrite preamps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite’s OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and two virtual 'loopback' inputs for routing digital audio between software applications — ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel five-step LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Saffire MixControl, the ultra-low-latency 16 x 8 DSP mixer/router software provided with Saffire PRO 24 DSP, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as easily as possible.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP combines two award-winning Focusrite preamps and a host of other I/O with VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring, integrated real-time tracking and monitoring effects, and easy-to-use mix control software. Together, they deliver the most comprehensive professional compact music-recording interface to date.
- Virtual Reference Monitoring (VRM) - Hear your mix in different environments, through different speakers and from different positions, just using headphones
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps - The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite preamps.
- Onboard DSP-powered, ultra-low-latency tracking and mixing tools - Classic Focusrite EQ and Compression for tracking, as well as ‘comfort’ reverb to place across your monitor mixes.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire interface - Features high-quality A-D / D-A conversion and JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology; pristine audio quality and reliable synchronisation are guaranteed.
- Total I/O count of 16 inputs and 8 outputs - A host of I/O options are provided, including a unique 'loopback' facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire MixControl.
- Saffire MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router - Routing flexibility and intuitive one-click set-up solutions; Saffire MixControl provides an 16 x 8 DSP mixer with excellent output routing and monitoring capabilities.
- Xcite+ software bundle - Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged Novation soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix - Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with all-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Front panel 5-LED metering - LED metering for each of the analogue inputs offers accurate viewing of levels direct from the front fascia.
- Two dedicated front-panel headphone busses - Providing two fully customised monitor mixes, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
- Bus-powered for a tidy mobile recording rig - Saffire PRO 24 DSP can be powered via FireWire, or via its own power supply