The Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 is an 18 in / 6 out USB 2.0 audio interface designed to make home multitrack recording a breeze. Alongside two award-winning Focusrite preamps, six high-quality analogue inputs allow you to simultaneously record guitar, bass, vocals and keys. You don’t need to stop there either – pop in the ADAT optical cable from an outboard eight-channel mic pre unit such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII and you can track the drums at the same time.
Included with the Scarlett 18i6 is Scarlett MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. Offering a superb level of flexibility, the MixControl software enables you to create six separate mixes with ultra-low-latency. Route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the Scarlett 18i6 outputs. Intuitive one-click configurations help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Scarlett 18i6 comes with all of the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite comes in the box, adding Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ to your recording system.
Focusrite’s established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Scarlett 18i6’s two award-winning Focusrite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst cutting-edge digital conversion captures your audio with pristine quality. 16 additional inputs allow you to capture inspired takes, without having to constantly re-patch your studio. Combined with the very latest in USB interfacing technology, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability, the Scarlett 18i6 is the heart of the modern recording studio.
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps - The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-year legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning preamps.
- Total I/O count of 18 inputs and 6 outputs - All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multitrack recording. No need for breakout cables - every input & output has a dedicated socket.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB interface - Features professional conversion and jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router - Provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it takes sound to travel two feet through air!).
- Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix - Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with Focusrite’s Scarlett compression, reverb, gating and EQ.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle - Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs - No need for a separate DI. The first two channels feature high-gain instrument inputs.
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus - Providing a fully customised monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
- Monitor levels are always within reach - A front panel volume dial provides immediate control over the main stereo outputs.
- Switchable phantom power - Across both mic pre inputs, globally switchable direct from the front fascia.
- Software PFL - Allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix.